Thornton Mack holds the view that a consultant can only be effective if they operate in the capacity of trusted advisor, to help both the leader and the business. The implications of this model are clear:
- Our focus is on the health of your business as priority – we will challenge assumptions and proposals that, if acted on, in our opinion may result in a detriment.
- We are accountable to you – our approach and methods can be questioned at any time and we are happy to consider alternatives to what has been agreed if circumstances have changed or new information comes to light, and we believe that an alternative will result in at least as good a result as the original approach; we deliver in full, at the agreed time. We are careful with your budget.
- We ensure that you are fully informed throughout the project, as we work in a transparent manner and on a ‘no surprises’ basis. This supports you by making certain that you can be fully engaged on progress and involved throughout.
- Our collaborative way of working aims to leave you with more than you expected from the engagement, whether that be skill, knowledge, insight, tools or results.
- We provide our services in a way that demonstrates integrity – we act within the law and in an ethical manner. Prepared to have the debate and discuss a matter to the full, we are prepared to call out issues which present a risk to the lawful operation or reputation of your business.
- Pace of service delivery is important, as consultants are often sought out when a leader needs to get something resolved or done in a shorter timeframe than would otherwise be possible. Thornton Mack consultants will always be ahead of the actions in scope and use positive reinforcement, encouragement, prompting and follow up to motivate those we work with. This maintains the level of attention the work deserves, takes account of the busy lives and multiple priorities of the leaders and managers we support, and keeps you apprised of emerging risks to deliverables, time frames or budget.
- We always have a ‘plan B’ to hand, and will work with you to make the reasonable and well thought through decisions that you can trust.